Friday, August 6, 2010

Warrior LFB (looking for blog)

I didn't want to write a warrior blog, not really. What I really wanted to do was read a warrior blog. I found a decent one, www.tankingtips.com, but I'm not a tank (not main spec anyway), so this was of limited help. What I was really looking for was a dps warrior's perspective on the state of the class, where blizzard was taking us and what other warriors thought about raiding and the class in general.

Of these types I could find next to none. While complaining to an office mate of mine about this distinct lack of warrior blogs (talking about WoW as a computer programmer isn't really rare) he said 'you like to write, start one or shut up.' Well that got me thinking, why the hell not, and i started what you are reading right now.

I had to come up with a name first, Raging Warrior, clever don't you think? Yeah, my coworker didn't think so either, but i like it. Then came an About Me section (click the link above) which i still think basically sucks so I will be rewriting it soon. Then finally the hard part, posting. Well I figured why not start, as most things do, with an introduction, so here you are.

First off, what you can expect out of this blog? Let me just say I am not a hard core theory-crafter. I dabble a bit, use spread sheets to optimize gemming and plan upgrades, read EJ and watch boss strats before raids, troll other blogs of various classes looking for more in depth discussion and strategy. I don't consider these things that make me a theory-crafter though, i consider them the bare minimum to be a raider. If you think this goes above and beyond then let me just say you need to try harder and you are the reason your raid cant kill Heroic Prof P. even with the 30% buff. Get to work.

That out of the way, what I hope to write about is more thoughts and opinions regarding warriors in general, rage as mechanic, and what it feels like to be a dps warrior in WoW. OMG EMO - i mean, no, not feelings like that. I mean feelings as in, you could have picked any class and done basically similar dps, bring the player not the class and all that, why did we pick warrior? Why do we keep picking warrior (besides the obvious - our gear looks bad ass and charge is mad fun)? And what frustrations go along with that decision? When does being a warrior suck and how can we make it suck less?

I will also post about the game in general of course, about raiding, instancing, pvp and the sucktastic (and very rarely awesome) people you meet in pugs.

I hope this becomes a two way street and we get some good discussion about warriors and WoW, and why we just can't seem to quit either of them, happening here. If not and I write a bunch of posts no one reads but me, at least the next blogger to come around wont be able to complain that they went looking for a blog with banter regarding the life and times of a warrior and came up empty handed.

No comments:

Post a Comment